The company should convene a first Directors’ meeting to dealt with the following matters of the company: –
– Adopt Memorandum and Article of Association and Incorporation of Company
– Adoption of Common Seal
– Issuance of Share certificate for subscribers shares
– Appointment of Company Secretary
– Appointment of Auditor (if applicable)
– Determination of accounting date and other matters.
- Appointment of Company Secretary
The Companies Act Cap.50, a Secretary or Secretaries qualified under Section 171 (1AA) of the Act, has to be appointed one resident Company Secretary within 06 months from the date of incorporation, who will be responsible for maintaining the statutory records, preparation of minutes of meetings and filing of various returns with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
- The sole director of a company and the company secretary can’t be the same person.
- Appointment of Auditor
The Board must appoint an auditor within 03 months of incorporation, unless it is exempted from audit requirements under the relevant sections of the Companies Act.
The appointment of auditor should be filed with ACRA within 14 days from the date of appointment.
- Determination of Financial Year and 1st Annual General Meeting
- Opening of Bank Account
- Register of Goods and Service Tax (“GST”)
- Registration of Central Provident Fund (“CPF”)
Apply for Business License (if applicable, e.g.: STB licence)